Saturday, April 7

Paisley Folds Card

The week has flown by faster than the blink of an eye. (hey, I rhymed!)
Without Max around to keep me on schedule, I completely wasted all my free time doing a whole lot of nuthin'. I got some projects done and very little cleaning, although there is very little to clean when you don't have a child, and I got some much needed rest. Probably too much which is why I didn't get enough done on my To-Do list.
This card is another of my nearly a contest entry bunch and it is way cooler in person, the colors just aren't as good with my camera.
I love the paisley on this card, it really "makes it".
Here's how you can make it:

Step 1: Cut cardstock base, in this example it is Not Quite Navy, to 3.5 x 11 and score at 6.25".

Step 2: Cut the inside piece, in this example Confetti White, to 3 x 6 and score at 3".

Step 3: Using the flower from Big Blooms, stamp onto Ruby Red using Versamark and cut out.

Step 4: Stamp Flower onto Barely Banana with Barely Banana ink and cut out inside of flower.

Step 5: Glue Flower together.

Step 6: Cut out Chocolate Brown square 2.75 x 2.75, use tag punch on two corners.

Step 7: Stamp Not Quite Navy with Paisley BG Stamp using Versamark and this method:
First place the front of the card down on an inked BG stamp.
Then, use a piece of scrap paper in between the card.
Fold over the back of the card as seen in the picture.
Then, using a bone folder, smooth over the entire piece to get a good impression, be sure to push firmly and over the entire piece.
This method will stamp the front and only the front of your card and without a sticky Versamark residue on your hands.

Step 8: Cut a strip of patterned paper for the right side of the card, my sample uses the striped paper from the Friends and Flowers Scrappin Kit.

Step 9: The assembly. Glue the Chocolate Chip Square to the front of your Confetti White. Glue your flower to the Chocolate Chip. Add a tag and button to your flower if you want.

Step 10: The card assembly. Add the Confetti White Mini Card to the base and they should overlap as seen in the picture here. Make sure to leave 1/4 to 1/2 inch on the left side so that the base color shows on the left of the white mini card.

Step 11: Add the photo anchor, be sure to check your placement of the anchor before you make the whole because it needs to reach the white mini card to hold it shut. I learned this part the hard way...Duh!

Voila! Finished card. This card fits into the Small Open End Envelope.
This little baby is on its way to a birthday girl and I hope she likes it.

3 comments:

Crafty Connie said...

Great card Simone!
I will have to try this one and with your great instructions I should be able to do it!

blah said...

Super cute and thanks for the visual aids!

Melissa K. said...

Hey! I'm that birthday girl. :)

It arrived yesterday. I LOVE it. I'm linking to your blog and this post in particular so people can see how it's made. Thanks so much for thinking of me!

ShareThis